Just got a 29 Gallon tank for free

Sky042

Fish Herder
Reaction score
just got a 29 gallon plus some other stuff for free. Haven't dug through it all yet but I know there is a top fin/tetra filter in there and not sure what else. I know it's got a hood/light but I'll likely replace that. In my mind I'm thinking 2 things

1 how can I convince the little woman to let me set it up.
2. Malwali tank.

make her think it was her idea :D that is what i do with my husband. he saw a pedistal at the flea market and thought it would hold a tank, so he bought it for me. then i showed him that none of my tanks would work so he told me i could buy another one. so i got one that is a little short for the pedistal so now i get to go get a larger one next weekend :D and he thinks both new tanks are his idea :wub:

Ha! i wish my boyfriend were more like you! I had 3 tanks and brought home another one over the weekend and you would have thought I brought home the whole entire ocean! LOL :rofl:

Let her help you pick out the inhabitants! Of course, then you might not get the malawi you want, but maybe if you start babbling about how much you like them you could sway her... I mean hey, it was a free tank! So the cost will be minimal after you replace the crappy bits. :thumbs:

My boyfriend loves tanks, so I could really have as many as I wanted.

And, to convince her, just make it seem like you did it for her, and that you thought of her the whole time. It always works on me!! :lol: :lol:

cichlidmommy said:
My boyfriend loves tanks, so I could really have as many as I wanted.

And, to convince her, just make it seem like you did it for her, and that you thought of her the whole time. It always works on me!! :lol: :lol:
She already has the 37 gallon with her oscar and sharkbait in it. I don't think that will fly. I may just set it up and see what happens :-D

Most reactions

Back