Just getting back into fish keeping after 30 odd years away

porl66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My daughter in law bought me a 40l tank for my birthday. I knew it wasnt going to be big enough for a community so I had a look on gumtree etc and bought myself a 200l :).
After reading up on fishkeeping again I was surprised on how far it had come. Cycling!? Never cycled a tank before......BUT I now have 2 tanks cycling at the same time. 2-3 weeks in and they are doing well. All planted up too.
Looking forward to having a read thru the forum and get yourselves prepared for a few questions to follow :)

Welcome back to the hobby! Yes, we know more these days then back in the dark ages of fishkeeping...but many old myths still prevail!

I invite you to have a look at my website/Blog where I have several featured videos and 60+ hobby related articles by 3 authors with over 125 combined years of experience in the hobby. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Welcome.
I just got back into it myself earlier this year after 23yrs away. It’s changed. The knowledge easily available now is astounding. This place and seriouslyfish.com are excellent resources. This lot here will keep you right. I’ll be standing at the back sorta nodding at the few bits I understand. Have fun.

Welcome back!
I was the same - gap of decades - then you restart and it's like you never stepped away . . . :lol:

Most reactions

Back