Just Found This Ammonia

Dave L

Reaction score
Hi all,

With all the discussion lately regarding where to find Ammonia, I just found this stuff on ebay. It's 9.5% in solution and there are plent of bottles available.

Max Ammonia

Just ordered a couple of bottles myself. It'll save a trip around a few shops hunting for the right stuff.

Regards

Dave.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all,

With all the discussion lately regarding where to find Ammonia, I just found this stuff on ebay. It's 9.5% in solution and there are plent of bottles available.

Max Ammonia

Just ordered a couple of bottles myself. It'll save a trip around a few shops hunting for the right stuff.

Regards

Dave.

not sure how it will be it cant be scented or anything like that

this would of been perfect for cycling as at least u know its ok

Item number: 290249116775

im pretty sure there is a right and wrong kind of ammonia to use, one is frothy when shaken the other is not, lets hope someone will tell us which is which :)

Hi all,

Max Ammonia

Regards

Dave.

Seems quite clear to me, it states "Contains 9.5% ammonia in solution".

Also, there are calculators to use on the forum when the soloution % in known.

I looked at the item you gave the item number for. Isn't that a powder (400g not 400ml)?. If it is then you'll have to mess around making up solutions before you can use it.

Hi all,

Max Ammonia

Regards

Dave.

Seems quite clear to me, it states "Contains 9.5% ammonia in solution".

Also, there are calculators to use on the forum when the soloution % in known.

I looked at the item you gave the item number for. Isn't that a powder (400g not 400ml)?. If it is then you'll have to mess around making up solutions before you can use it.

yes i suppose but there is probably less additives and less chance of pollunt tank maybe

im pretty sure there is a right and wrong kind of ammonia to use, one is frothy when shaken the other is not, lets hope someone will tell us which is which :)

If the ammonia is frothy when you shake it, dont use it. The froth is caused by the extra's added to the ammonia. These are normally scents which are harmful to fish.

Pure ammonia will have very little froth and is safe for cycling.

If the ammonia is frothy when you shake it, dont use it. The froth is caused by the extra's added to the ammonia. These are normally scents which are harmful to fish.

Pure ammonia will have very little froth and is safe for cycling.

thankyou for putting me straight on that :) i havent actually used it,only read about it,so if i ever need to,ill know :)

if your from the uk, why not just go to boots and buy some ammonia, its called "household ammonia" loads of people on here have used it

you can check out robert dyas and homebase as well - - :hey:
you can see it in the cleaning isle section - - -

Update:

The Ammonia just arrived. For those interested I gave it a good shake and there was no frothing confirming it's just 9.5% ammonia solution.

The reason I posted this was because it was apparent that there are some people who couldn't find it locally or, like myself, couldn't find the time t go looking for it.

At least this is available, reasonably priced and delivered to your door.

Regards

Dave.

Most reactions

Back