Just Been Reading A Website

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
it was about spawning, genetics, etc............. but then right in the middle of it this person was encouraging people to train their bettas to fight and be prepared to fight to the death. I KNOW THAT males will do this and also some females even though rare. they also said something like teasing your betta to encourage aggression towards other fish, aint quite sure as couldnt really believe what i was reading. it also said that bettas could go into community tanks but b/c this isnt natural for them to do this then the aggression training was needed to develope the true nature of the betta. then it got to the bit about breeding them and i totally lost interest in the total crap i was reading, so i stopped.

i know that stimulation for bettas is good but not by teasing the poor thing and adding betta in with it.

dont want to add the link to this as it really isnt a pleasant read and might offend some people but by from what i can see its been up and running for a while.

am i wrong to be having this kind of view on this?

the fighting is legal in some countries just like cock fighting. we may think it's wrong but others don't. however, you can glint some useful information from it. it's fine that you read it, just try not to practice it

personally i think its sick that there can be someone out there encouraging people to do this with their fish

personally i think its sick that there can be someone out there encouraging people to do this with their fish

yeah its like buying a pit bull and training it to fight rather than having it as a loving animal, well almost LOL

Some people just buy the animals to train them to fight like they would one an other in the wild, it is when animals are trained against their natural ways for fighting.

The breeding of aggressive "fighting bettas" has gone on for a very long time, and supposedly even today some secrets are traditionally passed on. I'm not supporting of this kind of "entertainment", but it is a long held tradition in Thailand.

The breeding of aggressive "fighting bettas" has gone on for a very long time, and supposedly even today some secrets are traditionally passed on. I'm not supporting of this kind of "entertainment", but it is a long held tradition in Thailand.

i do agree :good:

If it was talking about fancy bettas than it's totally sick, but some people do have fighting bettas which are bred to be fighters and are built for that kind of stuff. Of course, you should still heal it after and not make it fight to the death, but until the winner is obvious. And you also need to learn how to properly train/condition them for fights, etc.
But it makes me sick when people put a couple of bettas together for "fun" and watch them die :sick: . It's the way they are, but we shouldn't take advantage of it and make them fight on purpouse. And you also shouldn't encourage it on your site, so I find it sick... unless it was talking about the proper way to train fighter bettas... but from what you said, I don't think it was.
I don't like bettas fighting either, but, in some places people do it and take very good care of their fighters, usually even after one loses... I'm still against it, but the owners usually take good care of the fighters, usually even the losers.
I'm pretty sure Cracker used to breed fighters, if he could post he'd probably give some good info on them :)

Most reactions

Back