Just Been Looking At Tanks And Unsure?

Joinerlavin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive just been to "pets at home" and seen a tank which I like but was hoping for some guidence. Its called "Fish X Box - By Interpet and its a 64 litre. Its £90 and comes complete with interpet filter and heater. Also has flourecent lighting for nighttime and daytime.

the questions I want to ask are:

1. Is this a good tank
2. Are the filters anygood
3. Should I buy a tank with a built in filter in the hood or are the internal filters just as good?
4. Does the night time light help?

hi mate i started with that tank but its not very good what are you going to put in it i got a fluval roma 200 which they sell for 200 its much better if i were you i would keep my money and get a tank off ebay have you limmited space

also where you from

the tanks arent great.

thats quite a small tank so what are you going to stock it with?
have you read up on cycling a tank?
internal filters will be fine on a tank that size, i recommend a fluval 2+ or 3+
i dont have lights on at night as it allows the fish time to rest and also it allows the catfish a time to become active and search for food.
check out other places for tanks etc, second hand stuff is good as it is often very cheap and sometimes in very good cond. i got my rio 240 for £90 inc 2 filters.

These "kits" do seem a good idea at first, but they are built at a price, a LOW price.... you will fare FAR better by buying a plain glass tank (unless you want an exotic one !) and adding quality gear... it will not cost a lot more, if ANY !
And you will only be buying once... cheap stuff is cheap for a reason :-(

I have limited space yes, 65 litres is the biggest I can have. What about an Aqua one Tank then? with the build in filter?

The in-hood filters are rubbish IMO, you will be far better off with an internal one :nod: Otherwise, AquaOne's are OK tanks :good:

I'm not formiliar with the Interpet tanks :no:

All the best
rabbut

that dont make it any easier lol so the in hood filters are rubbish but the aqua one tanks are ok?????

what is a good 60 ish litre tank to buy then?????

And i think i will just be puttin a few guppies, mollys and clown loach at first they seem to appeal to me as first fish.

that dont make it any easier lol so the in hood filters are rubbish but the aqua one tanks are ok?????

what is a good 60 ish litre tank to buy then?????

And i think i will just be puttin a few guppies, mollys and clown loach at first they seem to appeal to me as first fish.

You may want to do some research, Clown Loach should Never be considered for a 60Litre tank.

You can pick up a rekord 60L for about £60

it says on the website to change the filter sponges every month, isnt that bad for the fish just putting new ones in?

it says on the website to change the filter sponges every month, isnt that bad for the fish just putting new ones in?

manufacturers want you to spend spend spend so may exaggerate the info they give you,
there is no need to replace the media until it is literally falling apart, and when it does need replacing you only replace 30% at most, the pads can be washed in TANK water to remove any excess waste

Looks like we have a winner then. Thanks

One last thing, should i get a Juwel venturi kit instead of a standard air stone to oxygenate the tank?

juwel rekord 60, or juwel rekord 70.

Juwel no longer make the Record 60 or 70, and they are far better than the rather poor new Record 600's IMO :nod: If it were me, I'd get moving and buy either a Record 60 or 70, while a few people still have them :good: The old tanks are great, but the hoods on the new tanks are flimsy and the filters don't have as much surface area and thus will clogg up quicker...

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

Back