Just About To Run Co2. Do I Need 2 Pumps?

Gazpug

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have finished buying all the things i need to do a CO2 set up in my 295L tank. I have 2 600l/h amall pumps for the bottom of the tank to circulate the co2 at lower levels in the water.

I am running 2 diffusers in my tank opposite ends at the back. Do i really need 2 pumps running. I ask because i need to place one near the front and one at the back to circulate the water. The only thing is the wire on the pumps are a little short and there is no option for me to re wire them as they are sealed.

This problem exists because my tank is 60cm deep.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Picture0006.jpg
    Picture0006.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
cant you have one that is near a pump, then the other in the flow from the filter, or place the diffuser under the intake to run it through the filter.

cant you have one that is near a pump, then the other in the flow from the filter, or place the diffuser under the intake to run it through the filter.

Yes i can run one into the filter no problem. Will that be ok? I was worried that the water wouldnt circulate at lower levels

Is there a way to work out how many BPS or BPM i need to get roughly the right ppm of CO2 for the volume of my tank (295L)

thank you very much for all advise offered.

Is there a way to work out how many BPS or BPM i need to get roughly the right ppm of CO2 for the volume of my tank (295L)

not really, i would start at 5BPS then raise it from there, drop checkers take about 2hr to change so dont up it and kill your fish!

Also if you keep those air stones running your need to extra CO2

Gutted just broke one of the diffusers. Will i be ok with one untill i get the others i have demanded from hong kong. I will run a pump by it untill i get them.

I am so cross with my self.

Most reactions

Back