Just A Thought

lee and nai

Reaction score
i have looked at a fue co2 post on here, has any one thought :unsure: you use co2 when using a mig welder.
if you look in holfords or a place that sells tools / stocks car parts (cheaper then holfords 98% of the time) you can buy bottels of co2 and buy regulaters that fit strate on the bottel as well as tubing.

:unsure:

lee

there is a welders supply spitting distance from my work, i went over there to get a 5lb cylinder and they wanted $88 for a steel. ebay is still the cheapest, i got a 5lb aluminum off there for $69. It was from a keg store. I think its Tom Hargrove.

i do plan on getting the tank filled at the welders supply though.

cool so i was thinking right then

i was wating for a reply like "its the wrong stuff" :lol:

hurm i'll have a ask about wile i am doing my rounds

Co2 is Co2 no matter where you get it. The only thing i would be worried about is some times compressed gas cylinders have oil in to lubricate the valve and airlines which could transfur to the tank.

You would need a solenoid valve to turn the gas on and off.

get it here.

i have seen a few DIY pressurized co2 systems that use various parts compiled from other places to make it cheaper, but if you really think about it, 1 you have to really know what you are looking for, and 2 the stuff you can get from aquarium places is designed for this specific application and have features that others wont, IE Regs with solenoids and bubble counters attached. where you get the cylinder from is not important as long as you consider what hoarp already said.

in co2 equipment they shouldnt have any oil or lubricants in the lines what so ever.
When oil is put under huge pressures it ignites, ie spontaneous combustion. Similar principal to diesel engines. So if there was oil in the a high pressure line u could well have a nasty explosion on ur hands.
If u got some equipment from a reputable gas equipment suppier then you shouldnt need to worry about oil being in the lines therefore no chemicals should be transferred into the tank.
Just been on a Gas equipment safety course for work :D

I have been running welding co2 bottle for around 6 months now, with NO ill effects.... just make SURE you are buying ONLY co2 as there are a few mixed gasses for welding !

Most reactions

Back