Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just a mad slate thing some one wanted making for the back of his tank
thought id share the pics with you lot anyway
caveflat1.jpg

caveflat2.jpg

wot you think
now he's on about it going along both sides too lol

it's a high density apartment block for fish. practical but not too pretty. still, i'm sure the fish will love it :) (just how many fish does he have in his tank???)

Slate looks so much better once it's in the tank, so I think it will look sweet once inside, maybe with some longer plants hiding it to a small extent

Nice job :good:

I expect some fish types will love it (whats the stocking going to be?), what are the dimensions of it?

If you imagine that i a tank after 6months of algae it will look a lot better, then if you drape Java Moss over it, it will look very nice indeed.

its been built for a zebra plec fry tank (growing on tank)
it was never built for its looks (just for hiding places)
just so long as they feel at home thats all he wants

i think it would look great with java moss and anubias all over it. :good:

Could be a condominium from the Flintstones ;)

i think it looks good, will look better after a few months though, Well done!! :good:

looks a big high rise lol, but as long as the fish like it that s all that matters, what glue/sealant did you use, i just made some and its a bit wobbly from the interpet silicone i used so was looking for something much much firmer when it sets

shelagh xxx

When doing the slate things I made recently, I found that you had to use a lot more than I expected to get a good bond. I imagine this is due to the imperfections between the mating surfaces meaning only a small part of the rock is toutching.

Its like a woman with no make up!!!! :lol: Looks a bit rough without but tart it up a bit with moss etc etc and it will look the Dogs cogs mate!!! Brilliant creativity mate!!!! Job well done :good:

Most reactions

Back