junior heaters...

mm_simb

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the junior heaters at walmart today for my betta tanks. It said on there that they should be used in a tank from 2-5 gallons and not in glass tanks. Does anyone have any experience with these? I want some for my 2 and a half gallon tanks but one of them is glass and the other two are plastic. My house stays at 76 degrees but the water would stay at 74 and I think that's a little too low. I don't want them to be stressed. Do you think they'll be fine for my tanks.
I also saw some 25 watt at another store for up to 5 gallon tanks. Do you think these could work also?

I used one on my 1 gallon and it made the temp 86, but on my 5 gallon it really didnt do much, so a 2 gallon should be fine, maybe in the higher 70's. I did use it on the glass for the 5, maybe that is why it didnt heat it up. Odd.

I have a glass tank with one and nothing happens.
Just try en keep it away from the glass like half en inch?
Wouldn't even matter anyway it'd probably heat the glass a littel bit if it was touching the wall. EDIT: oh and also if its in a 2.5 gallon tank the temp is 80.

Hmm...maybe. It said on there that you should unplug it immediately if it reaches 82 degrees -_-
Maybe I should buy another kind for the glass one.

So you have it in a glass tank and the temp is 80? It would be great if it kept the temp there.

Well, thanks for the info :)
Do you have a picture of your Ranger?
I wonder if the temp would be the same in a plastic one? I think it would...

Ok then. I shall try them out. :thumbs:
I swore to myself that I wouldn't get more bettas...but oh well lol :whistle:

i have used these heaters in 1 and 2.5 gal tanks. now that it has finally warmed up, they are making the 1 gal tanks too warm, so i unplugged them, but they are still okay in the 2.5. this winter i had 2 in the 2.5 because room temp was about 68 F and 1 didn't make enough of a difference! they raise the 2.5 a few degrees above room temp!

Most reactions

Back