Jewel In The Planted Tank

_Cal_

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I came to thinking is my jewel going to wreck my planted tank? He is 2.5 inches, and he hasnt done any harm as of yet.

They will dig an uproot plants, but it can be done if there are enough of the right types of plants - then he'll probably just dig up certain areas. At 2.5 inches he's just a babyand hasn't found his territorial instincts yet.

What are the right type of plants? And instead of making another topic how fast does a jewel grow?

On second thought I think in that size of tank it probably wouldn't work out, but you get something like anubias that will attach to wood or rocks.

:eek: Well thats a pretty bad thing, my tank is planted and a lot of money has been put forth for plants and plant needs. Is there really anything besides kribs, and is an african cichlid that can be put in a planted tank?

Even though Labs won't eat plants they still dig and might tear them up - I'm really not sure. If you can fit in a bunch of caves among the plants I suppose it might work.

Already ahead of you, have a large cave system cover by plants and driftwood and hardy noticable. Think I might just keep my jewel.

Most reactions

Back