Jars

GrullaQuarters

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I saw some jars on the betta tank post.......where do y'all get those? Is the biggest 1 gallon? Do you punch holes in the top of them?

Just curious. I worry about cats getting the top off if I got any more little tanks, and a top that screws on might be nice!

You can get cheap plastic candy jars from your local 1$ dollar store, but you can also go online for beanie babies boxes like some breeders love. Personally I like to use critter keepers from petco or petsmart.

If you know anyone who works in a bar, restaurant, deli, hotel or almost anywhere in the food service industry, ask them.

I have a bunch of 1g glass jars from a restaurant. Just be sure to clean them good. :thumbs:

It is advised. How I punch holes is I use a knife and hold the top over the stove for like 5 minutes. And then I jam the tip through the top of the lid (should go like butter if it is plastic) and twist the knife around untill I made a nice round hole. One hole should suffice for breathing and feeding. Too make holes encourage a faster evap rate.

Most reactions

Back