Ive Just Switched From Gravel To Sand How Do I Clean It ?

it is simple really
after taking the water out but before refilling you add the dechlorinater to the tank.

I see, I would have thought that the excess amount of the dechlorinate liquid would be too much for the fish no? I'll be using Aqua Plus, so it would be fine to put in the amount prior to the tap water going in then?

If that is the case, then I think I'll end up with one :hey:

Cheers
Martin :good:

AFAIK you can not over dose any dechlorinater at worse it will make the water blue.

a python is a system that connects directly to the tap. You turn the valve and turn the water on from the tap...the water flows through the valve into your sink which in turn creates a suction on the pipe that is sitting in your aquarium water. This in turn sucks the water from your aquarium.

Once you want to fill you lock the valve closed on the tap...turn the tap on and as a result....the water has only one way to travel....to the aquarium :D

It does do an amazing job...no mess of water everywere and carrying buckets. I add the de-chlorinator before filling so as the water enters it just gets the chlorine removed straight away.

this is all very well but then my tank is no where near a tap or sink which would entale using a big hose pipe is that right ?

i like the idea of no mess but this seems a little extreme for my liking

I can see this being handy for something larger then a 55 gallon but anything smaller it just looks like a lot of extra work. I spent $5 at Petsmart for a syphon and I think like $4 at Home depot for a 5 gallon bucket. The only time I ever made a mess with that setup if when I was drunk and overfilled the tank. If I had one of those Python things I would have probably made a much bigger mess because theres no telling what I would have gotten distracted with and run off and left it running.

the smallest pipe length is 25feet then there is a 50feet version of. YOu can buy the 25feet and extend the hose i think.

lol no way so its just one big hose pipe it seems a bit ott for my 65 litre tank though

I think its the little tap/valve thing where the "magic" happens ;)

Someone posted the other day that they just bought a cheap hosepipe and made something basically the same, if not as polished and refined but for about £10 :D

I think its the little tap/valve thing where the "magic" happens ;)

Someone posted the other day that they just bought a cheap hosepipe and made something basically the same, if not as polished and refined but for about £10 :D

I was thinking that it was a waste of tap water if that is running whilst you are draining the tank!

I think it is meant for the very big tanks, I think that a 180 litres tank doesn't justify having this product. I'll stick with the vacuum hose and bucket :D

Cheers
Martin

You could actually use a water bed draining kit. It is exactly the same thing just marketed different. Don't know whick one would be cheaper though.

Most reactions

Back