IVE GOT ICK

gmang

Reaction score
AFTERB QUARINTEENING MY SAILFIN BLENNY ONDER NORMAL FLOURECANT LIGHT FOR 3 WEEKS I PUT HIM IN MY REEF WITH MY METAL HALIDE IMEDEATLY FOUND WHITE SPOT ON HIS SIDE NOT SCRATCHING HAVE 12 BLUE LEGED HERMITS 15 NASARIS SNAILS 6 TURBO SNAILS ONE OCCELATED CLOUN NOW ONE SAILFIN BLENNIE ONE BULLS EYE MUSHROOM ONE COLONY OF RED BROWN POLIPS WHAT CAN I DO CAN I TREAT IN MAIN TANK SHOULD I WAIT TILL HE SCRATCHES SHOULD I QUARANTEEN CLOWN AND BLENNY AND IF SO AFTER 6 WEEKS OF TREATMENT WILL ANY INVERTS CARRIE THE DISEAS PLEASE HELP. THANX

Your inverts will not carry the parasite. The problem now of course is that you have now got the fish in the maintank and thus it measn its now in the water colum most probably.
If its not iching then i would just monitor closely. It might be healthy enough to fight the parasite off on its own.

If you want other forms of traetment you can try the following.

Garlic, use it as an additive to food, seems to be very effective.
UV filter, make sure you have the correct flow through the system.
Cuprazin, extremly effective but NOT safe in with corals and inverts.
Octozin, a reef safe alternative to Cuprazin
Oodinex, another reef safe product.

THANX VERY MUCH FOR THE KNOWLEDGE YOU GUYS ARE SO HELPFULL HOPE I REPAY THE FOVOUR ONE DAY now these medicines octizone and oodinex what test kits would i need and where can the medications be bought

just got to thinking u said it may clear up itself how long do i risk this method before treatment

my tank is relitivly new 6 weeks blennie has so much algie to eat cant even get him to spirolina tabs he is eating very well

Directions:  Add 2 drops Garlic Xtreme per teaspoon of fish food each time you feed.  Do not feed more than can be eaten in a five minute period.  Use particularly if parasites are present or fish have visible wounds or infections.   If fish are not eating, Garlic Xtreme may be also added to the aquarium at the rate of 1 drop per 10 gallons.

Considerations for use:  Kent Garlic Xtreme is an all natural food additive for all ornamental fishes.  It is a natural attractant for fish and will help cause finicky eaters to take food.  Garlic is safe for all species of marine and freshwater fishes and plants, live corals, and other invertebrates. Because Garlic Xtreme is very strong and fish are extremely sensitive to chemical cues and scents in the water, it's not recommended that you exceed 2 drops per feeding, or fish may become confused. For optimal nutrition, feed your fish Kent Platinum foods with Zoecon technology.  Kent foods combine high-quality marine sources of protein with essential vitamins and minerals, and contain no hormones, steroids, or artificial color enhancers.

Hope this helps !
Kim

Most reactions

Back