Ive been offered this equipment

PappaLove

Reaction score
Ok peeps I have a 46x18x15 tank that i want to turn marine and ive been offered this stuff below. Is the skimmer and the filter any good for this size of tank?

Ive just coppied and pasted what he sent me.

Thanks

Fluval 404 external filter with media (less than 1 year old)

complete test kit for marine set up

Interpet AP3 air pump (twin outlet)

Berlin protien skimmer (one of the best makes)

gravity tester

half box of marine salt

plus a couple of rocks & media for the filter

£40 the lot

Oh i forgot to say. I also have a spare 24x12x12 tank that i was thinking of using as a sump will this be any good?

I would get the tank drilled with a 1.5" hole through the base. get the 24" tank built in to a sump. berlin skimmers are good but not the best. you could use the berlin and maybe upgrade later on. if you dont want a sump then get another small external filter to put some carbon and phosphate remover in and use the larger one just for bio filtration. i would recamend you also get some live rock in although you have a biological filter live rock would help. you don't say wether you want a reef or fish only. if you want a treef then you wil need some good lighting such as t5's or metal halides.

Ideally i would like a reef tank but i am also considering just a character fish only tank. Is the external filter ok for this tanK?

Thanks

the canister filter would be fine if you decide not to go for a sump. if you go for a sump tank, they you probably won't need it. I think that the skimer is venturi powered. you don't want to use the air pump in this case. the halide is still for sale.

i may have that halide off of you. how much are they new? is there anything wrong with it?

Oh and how do i get the hole in the bottem of the tank?

Glass is a lot harder to work with than acrylic. I know that you can cut acrylic but I dunno about glass. . . :dunno: Maybe someone else would know m8

you can get the tank drilled by any custom tank manufacturer. if the tank is old, then the glass bay break and most won't guarrentee. you will need to ask them to drill a base and replae it for you.

I paid £10 a hole to get it drilled. it is only expensive if it breaks.

result : ) now i just need to find somewhere to do it : )

Most reactions

Back