It's A Sad Day Today

Minni3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My betta, buakaw, is very very sick. It started off as fin rot, then exploded to a all body bacterial infection, then a cloudy eyes (all within 5 days). I did partial water changes everyday, and treated him with all the medication my budget could afford. I've always been against euthanasia and playing god but I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find him dead. So it has come to this, euthanasia. I'm going to use alcohol so he can jus sleep.

I've read other methods like cutting of his head or freezing him to death in the freezer....but alcohol seems a little bit more humane.

:sad: This too me a long time to think about and I'm still having doubts.

There is no question to this post, I just wanted to tell someone.

My betta, buakaw, is very very sick. It started off as fin rot, then exploded to a all body bacterial infection, then a cloudy eyes (all within 5 days). I did partial water changes everyday, and treated him with all the medication my budget could afford. I've always been against euthanasia and playing god but I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find him dead. So it has come to this, euthanasia. I'm going to use alcohol so he can jus sleep.

I've read other methods like cutting of his head or freezing him to death in the freezer....but alcohol seems a little bit more humane.

:sad: This too me a long time to think about and I'm still having doubts.

There is no question to this post, I just wanted to tell someone.

Very sorry to hear this :( I think its best for you to do what you feel is best for the fish whatever way you decide..

:rip:

I'm sorry... May he rest in peace... you did what you could, at least he won't be suffering anymore.

you did the best you could, and chose not to let him suffer. hard choice to make! sorry to hear about your loss!

I'm very sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's very hard to do whats right, so I hope you make the right decision, even at this hard time.

Most reactions

Back