Its A First (tank Finished Early)

adambrum

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was not expecting to get my tank ready yet as most diy jobs always seem to run on but this time its early.

Its a aqua-one 500 aquastart which i have ripped the 2 11w compacts out and replaced with 2 34w bit of a difference ! also added 2 3 inch fans one sucking and one blowing and after 4 hours its just warm to the touch.

stock hood with ligts removed
DSCN1721Medium.jpg

new lights fitted theres also a 2 3" holes cut straight through for the fans and hammered effect alloy reflector
DSCN1731Medium.jpg

the 2 fans on top i could not fit them inside
DSCN1728Medium.jpg

and a shot with the lights on
DSCN1727Medium.jpg

Just got to get some filter pipes,ro water salt, rocks and substrate

Is Caribsea Live Arogonite Reef Sand worth getting as i already have loads of Aragonite Reef Sand from a cichlid tank that i never used.

one last thing whats the best salt to use

I find Tropic Marin Pro-Reef salt good to use, a lot of other forum members rate it too and its retty easy to get from most LFS.

The aragonite sand will be fine for this tank. Nice Mods!

Andy

I find Tropic Marin Pro-Reef salt good to use, a lot of other forum members rate it too and its retty easy to get from most LFS.

The aragonite sand will be fine for this tank. Nice Mods!

Andy

Your local !, any shops you can recomend so far i have been using erdington aquatics which are very good but its always good to try different shops, actually looking for good live rock in the next couple of days

Erdington Aquatics are great, they should stock Tropic Marin, apart from them i use A5 aquatics near Nuneaton as its slightly closer, though they stock little in the way of Corals.

Its worth the trip to Wharf Aqauatics in Nottingham though every now and then, fantastic store!

Thanks for that, Im going in wharf aquatics thursday its by one of my customers. Just got back from erdington with my Tropic Marin.

Looks like the weekend to add the LR going for either 10 or 15kg

The tanks a 55 litre

Just a quick update

got my live rock this morning 11kg of it and its teaming with life so far i have found

1cm bristle starfish
loads of copepods
baby shrimp
1 bristle worm (i think it looked a bit yellow to me
tiny hermits
loads of small feather dusters

will add some pics later

lcuky :good: :shout:
i found a sea slug, and a sea worm yesterday. also think we have a bristle starfish. also had tons of copepods. what kind of shrimp? would love to see pics

no idea but there about 3mm and pink with tiny black eyes, cant stop looking at the tank

got some pics of hitchhikers, also found another starfish and there's a pic i could do getting an idea of what it is

any ideas, i thought it was dead but i saw it close last night when i got a torch on it
DSCN1741.jpg

tiny star
DSCN1736.jpg

duster
DSCN1740.jpg

tank shot
DSCN1742.jpg

also on the bad side 2 small red and white banded aiptapsia

hey Adam how did you install the supply&suction for the external into your tank with the hood on?

hey Adam how did you install the supply&suction for the external into your tank with the hood on?

If you look at the pic at the top of the post at the bottom left of the hood theres a flap thats made for it

another update

alls looking well found a few more hitchhickers including another green bristle star about 2", a snail im trying to id but it sticks to the inside corner of the tank so i cant get a pic and loads and loads of bristle worms 2 are monsters.

the dusters seem to be moving around the tank but i have not seen one move ?

I think the fans are a bit overkill after 12 hours the light cover is just a little warm.

looking at clean up crew now any good ideas ?

Wow. Where'd you get your tank? I can't wait to see some more progress from you :).

Most reactions

Back