It Is Days Like This I Hate Being A Malawi Keeper

The thought crossed my mind the moment I saw it to be honest, but I am not sure I could bring myself to do it, or even know how to in a humane way.

I'd say stay with it, if you can - Is she eating? If you can get it to eat, you have a chance - if not, then she will get weak & deteriorate.
I'd say patience is the key, you have got her out of harms way, that's a start :good:

No, not eating at present. Will see what tomorrow brings.

My Mpanga female didn`t eat for a couple of days, when I tried her with a small bit of brine shrimp in garlic she started eating and seemed to pick up from there. All you can do is try, at least you`ll know you did what you could IF the worst happens ;)

Unfortunately she died this morning.

Always sad when a fish dies, but this one in perticular has been a bit upsetting because she was one of the originals in this setup and because of her amazing colouring.

I just hope one of the other remaining females doesnt get the same treatment fron the bully :(

Unfortunately she died this morning.

Always sad when a fish dies, but this one in perticular has been a bit upsetting because she was one of the originals in this setup and because of her amazing colouring.

I just hope one of the other remaining females doesnt get the same treatment fron the bully :(

Really sorry that she died. At least you did what you could for her, it`s just unfortunate that her wounds were too much for her to recover from :sad: :sad:

Just keep an eye on things for a while, if the 'Bully' starts giving the others a hard time then it might pay to look at rehoming it? :unsure:

I thought about removing the male the last time he gave her a battering, but with it being the hyper-dominant fish I think another would just take its place and could make things worse. I think I will just see how things go and leave it as a last resort to remove him.

Most reactions

Back