Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it is

• Total voters
Pond in our garden..

lwf00046ka.jpg

I love gardens and flowers.
Think its an excellent idea,there have been some lovely garden pictures in the pond section in here.

I cant take a pic. But i made a little I think 3 foot deep and 2 foot wide pond thing in front of my house. We live in a townhouse so we only get a front little garden. I made my little pond and bought plants and ornements like river rocks around it to highlight the pond. It was such a fun experience going to Home Depot and learning which plants are good for full sun and about water plants. I think the gardening forum is a great idea! :D

Have you considered a succulent garden? Or maybe perhaos planting some mrginals just inside of the pond, there are all sorts of desert plants that you could help take hold with a little water mesquite and Pomegranits are both desert shrubs with great culinary benefits at that

my pond is part of the garden ,and i think its a cracking idea ,due to the fact that a pond will bring in wildlife that will need plant support in some way food/shelter etc,since i added the small pond i now have frogs and the pond is mainly for a planting area to compliment the bigger raised pond ,ill try and take an updated pic over the weekend ,

a garden section has my vote

I think a garden makes a pond and a pond makes a garden, I wouldn't have either without the other. :rolleyes: We've just finished digging our new pond, had to stop digging after I hit a mysterious hidden pipe so its not as deep as I would have liked but it looks good.

Ryan, could you build a bilobed pond, with two deep sections the bottom rising up in the middle fora small berm layed over the pipe?

Oh I have plants all over in the pond.....

Just nothing around it. Too much work to keep it all watered and succulents argh. I'm not from the desert originally and don't want more spiky things :p

there are quite a few succulent nonspikey items, you can also run a hose from the pond to autowater things, Larger Aloe plants such as century plants might be an attractive option to green up your nonpond areas

This year we have so much wildlife (had the pond a year now) we have toads and fogs, more birds than normal and bizarrely we even have some fish - don't know where they came from :unsure: :D

Most reactions

Back