Is Your Betta Tank Divided?

Don't forget to tell what you voted on and include a pic of tank and the betta(s) in it

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I have a 10 gallon sorority tank, one 5 gallon with just one betta in it and my 10 gallon divided which has 2 females and a male. Here's a pic of the divided tank. It usually has a few more plants in it but they got hijacked to the growout tank which currently has 64 baby bettas in it.

PICT0095.jpg

You shouldn't spoil that male betta like that with leaving him with more room than the females have, they should have an equal amount of space to swim in :p

I have a ten gallon tank with 3 dividers and 4 bettas...I make my dividers out of grid material in the sewing dept.at walmart .The cost for the grid is .24. Then I buy a package of the clear report covers..You wont need the plastic just the solid colored ends...I seal the hard plastic ends to the tank...on each side...........then when sealed slide the grids into the report holder......works great for betta.

I also have a 30 gallon long divided with two bettas. It's a new (used) tank I found yetserday. So I was testing it to make sure it held water.. It did. :D I looked at my two male bettas sitting in thier one gallon setup and decided they would live in the 30. :lol:

I have a soroity tank (all females).Four in a ten gallon w/ 6 danios..

Need to change that last option to accomodate the ones of us who have it divided more then 4 times lol..I had to "lie" to be able to vote.

Mine is divided 7 ways and holds 8 fish. I built it, it's 22 gallons.

BoysTank005.jpg

very nice SRC! how do you clean that thing???

I like the dividers in the linked site. is there a good way to modify it for removable dividers (such as would be wanted in a breeding tank?

-Ian

Have various tanks split mostly with 6 or 7 sections and some as low as 3 sections so also had to lie to vote :rolleyes:

Nice looking tank SRC :D

yes, split once, 1 on each side.

i used lego boards :lol:

It's easy to clean..I just use the gravel vac. It works exactly the same lol, just no gravel to shove around.

It's got a 3" section in the back for the filter..so that helps too.

FishTank008.jpg

Dang this topic is so old. :lol:

winddancer70 just to let you know that "grid material" you called it is called plastic canvas. ;)

Need to change that last option to accomodate the ones of us who have it divided more then 4 times lol..I had to "lie" to be able to vote.

Mine is divided 7 ways and holds 8 fish. I built it, it's 22 gallons.

BoysTank005.jpg

very cool. i like it when everything is "clean" like that.

SRC,

Did you drill any holes in the dividing glass so that water can flow throughout the whole tank?

-Ian

ahhhh. very nicely done. Can I ask why you didn't put holes in the dividers between the actual fish?

-Ian

Mainly because it doesn't need them, there are 2 20 gallon filters in teh back, they are plenty to move the water..more holes would have just been over kill, plus the solid dividers are in place most of the time...so the fish can't see each other.

The other reason is because I wanted it to look nice (it's in my office). All those holes would have started to look rather...ugly imo.

Most reactions

Back