Is This Stuff Really Better Than The Real Deal?

its about the same only you dont have to worry about the leaves in you tank. thats all.

is this stuff really as great as they say it is? according to them, its better than an actual leaf http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1169821794
No.

I've tried both, for betta splendens, wild-type bettas, and South American fish tanks.

The actual leaf is far superior. Not only do fish seem to like the leaves themselves (to nest under, hide under, etc) but putting leaf in the tank means it continues to release the good stuff for days or weeks, in fact it gets stronger over time as the leaf breaks down. The bottled stuff only gets weaker (being absorbed) from the moment it's dosed.

No.

I've tried both, for betta splendens, wild-type bettas, and South American fish tanks.

The actual leaf is far superior. Not only do fish seem to like the leaves themselves (to nest under, hide under, etc) but putting leaf in the tank means it continues to release the good stuff for days or weeks, in fact it gets stronger over time as the leaf breaks down. The bottled stuff only gets weaker (being absorbed) from the moment it's dosed.

thanks, i never knew it got weaker :good: so its the same with blackwater extract too right? how much do you usually pay for leaves? i saw some on aquabid $11 for 50. seems like a good deal if 1 leaf treats 10 gallons

Most reactions

Back