Is This Plant Aquatic?

AndyW

Reaction score
hey, I was just wondering if this is infact an aquatic plant, I bought it a few days ago from my lfs and there does seem to be new growth on it but I have been trying to find out what it is and I cant see it in any other tanks :unsure:
02js4.jpg

I'm sure that's a non-aquatic, I'm not sure which species though, so I don't think it's one of the common pseudo-aquatics.

I'll have a quick search see if I can find out which species it is for conformation (looks a bit like a Dracaena species to me) :good:.

I'm sure that's a non-aquatic, I'm not sure which species though, so I don't think it's one of the common pseudo-aquatics.

I'll have a quick search see if I can find out which species it is for conformation (looks a bit like a Dracaena species to me) :good:.

I would say one at the top Dracena but not sure. doesn't look aquatic to me.
The one at the bottom Crypt Wendtii (Brown), although it is in its green stage before it turns brown.

Andy

lol, i think i already have a Dracaena (dragon plant?) as a house plant, the plant at the bottom has been there ages :)

Its a shame if its not aquatic because I really like it, would I be able to just grow it as a house plant? lol

Thanks for the quick replies!

Hi, its a shame it's not aquatic. I really like it. You could grow it as a house plant if it definitely is non-aquatic but you would need a positive ID. Many plants sold as aquatic are infact marsh / bog plants, in which case you would still have to keep the roots in water. :good:

yeah I really like it too :D

maybe my best bet would be to phone the lfs where I bought it and see what they say... I have a feeling that they will just say it is aquatic lol

If you get a marsh plant it will grow in a compost of peat and sphagnum moss mixed that you keep well watered

Andy

Most reactions

Back