Is this ok?

Not sure... But aren't you in KY? This post indicates that the seller is in Indiana? Is it close?

I'm not sure about how the glass would hold up overtime? The pressure of water inside the tank could cause fractures in the glass where it is now thinner because of the "chips" that are in the glass... That is probably something you would not want to have to worry about (having 20 gallons of water pouring out on your floor and losing all of your fish inside).... Too bad, as they are offering it for FREE.

Last edited:
Oh, I just had a thought! The chip in the glass is towards the top of the tank, is it not? What about setting up some sort of Paludarium, where the water level is below the chip in the glass? I have always wanted to setup a Paludarium... It could be a really neat project for you.

Not sure... But aren't you in KY? This post indicates that the seller is in Indiana? Is it close?

I'm not sure about how the glass would hold up overtime? The pressure of water inside the tank could cause fractures in the glass where it is now thinner because of the "chips" that are in the glass... That is probably something you would not want to have to worry about (having 20 gallons of water pouring out on your floor and losing all of your fish inside).... Too bad, as they are offering it for FREE.
Yes, it’s very close to KY. That’s a bummer. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I have been looking for a really cheap, big tank lately.

Thanks! :)

Keep looking, you can always find good deals on Craigslist!
I once found a 29g full setup for just $30. I sooo wanted it, but both of my parents were gone that day. I asked them and they said we could go get it. But when I called the lady back, she said it had been sold. :/

I once found a 29g full setup for just $30. I sooo wanted it, but both of my parents were gone that day. I asked them and they said we could go get it. But when I called the lady back, she said it had been sold. :/
Ya, that is the thing about Craigslist posts... If they are a good deal, you need to jump on them right away, or they will be gone in a heartbeat!

I think it's not safe to hold water as the guy who posted it also mentioned this.
And he suggested that it's more suitable for terrarium or reptiles cage.

Are you planning for new fish, new aquascaping project? Lol
I bought 2 bunch of Anacharis Elodea, 3 bunch of Hornworts, 2 small packets of Java Moss and a big beautiful driftwood that cost me US$20 recently.
I am planning to start a tank with plants, sand. I will keep some shrimps and Chili Rasboras.

Most reactions

Back