Is this ich?

Berksou

Reaction score
I have treated my fish from ich few weeks ago and they all seem in good shape.

Today I see in the gravel some fugus like stuff. In my understanding this is ich colonies, I have e attached the picture. Please let me know so that I can act as quickly as possible.

PS: when I was treating ich, there was a lot of this whitish things in the gravel and I was daily vaccuming them thinking that its ich. Over the Internet however they say ich is not visible before it appears on fish. I am confused.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_081627.jpg
    IMG_20220226_081627.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 46
No, ich is not visible apart from on infected fish. I'm not sure what the white thing is. Do you have live plants or snails - it could be from them? If your fish still look and act healthy then I do not think you have anything to worry about.

No, ich is not visible apart from on infected fish. I'm not sure what the white thing is. Do you have live plants or snails - it could be from them? If your fish still look and act healthy then I do not think you have anything to worry about.
No there is no snails or plants. This thing I use to see it from time to time. I am not sure what it is. It has a core and white fins...

1645887463600.png

This is a copepod which sounds like your description? They are harmless.

Hi everyone;
Here I can tell you some ways by which you can treat itch on the fish are;
  • Adding salt in the tank.
  • Change the water once a week.
  • Increase the temperature of the water.

Hi everyone;
How effective have you found salt? I have often read that salt doesn't treat ich.
Weekly water changes should be routine. If disease is present, daily water changes would be better.
The high temperature works. It needs to be 30c/ 86f for 2 weeks.

Snaileggs or uneaten food decaying (if fungussed and looking at the substrate the most plausible)

Hi everyone;
Salt has no effect in ich, though it can prevent secondary infections in the wound left by the parasite.

Water should be changed once a week whether the tank has ich or not. Vacuuming the bottom of the tank will remove some of the stage #2 parasites.

Yes, heat is the best way to kill ich. The water should be kept at 30 deg C/86 deg F for two weeks.

Most reactions

Back