Is This Heater Any Good?

Darn it! The heater says that it keeps the water at 78 F. but last night it dropped to 74-75 F and it keeps going up and down between those numbers??? :unsure:

Thats an interesting design.....I like beeing able to adjust mine, mind I've got discus and need higher than normal temperatures...What is the thing supposed to set the temerature at?

Where is the heater positioned, and what type of current does it get where it is? A decent 50W heater should be able to cope fine if 70F is the coolest the room gets -_- Strange.....

If current is good over the unit, I'd have to assume it's the unit itself :no: There are a few others on here that have posted about issues with these, so mebe they aren't as good as they first appear. If you can't work out whats caursing the fluctiations, take it back and see if you can replace it with either a Visitherm or A Hagen Ellite modle. I've had reliability issues with the "normal" Tetra heters before, so Don't recomend them myself. Their main seal seams rather doddgy :crazy:

All the best
Rabbut

Thats an interesting design.....I like beeing able to adjust mine, mind I've got discus and need higher than normal temperatures...What is the thing supposed to set the temerature at?

Where is the heater positioned, and what type of current does it get where it is? A decent 50W heater should be able to cope fine if 70F is the coolest the room gets -_- Strange.....

If current is good over the unit, I'd have to assume it's the unit itself :no: There are a few others on here that have posted about issues with these, so mebe they aren't as good as they first appear. If you can't work out whats caursing the fluctiations, take it back and see if you can replace it with either a Visitherm or A Hagen Ellite modle. I've had reliability issues with the "normal" Tetra heters before, so Don't recomend them myself. Their main seal seams rather doddgy :crazy:

All the best
Rabbut

It is supposed to be at 78 F. and it is positioned right under the filter.

Try placing it in front of the filter outlet, and see if this makes any difference. Flow at the bace of some filters can be reduced, and this may be the issue :good:

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

Back