Is This Fin Rot?

mrcobrajet

Reaction score
I have a Bali shark an it's fins near the base are turning pinkish and then the edges if the tail are fraying off. I put this fish in a separate fish bowl and put some medicine to heal fins, in the water. Is there anything else I can try to help heal my fish?
THANX
Scott

I have a Bali shark an it's fins near the base are turning pinkish and then the edges if the tail are fraying off. I put this fish in a separate fish bowl and put some medicine to heal fins, in the water. Is there anything else I can try to help heal my fish?
THANX
Scott
Fin rot in my experience works from the outside in not inside out..
Water is key in these things, up your water changes X2 and maybe more..
I have never used anything but fish mox on my tanks with good results every time.. so I will not pretend I actually know how to treat chemically..
Pristine water wont ever hurt though and is absolutely a good start..

Use aquarium salt
what is aquarium salt? And what does it do fir the fish? Can you put it in a tank full for fish? Will it harm any of the fish described below?
I have a 36 galon tank
5 silver dollars
4 bali sharks
4 danios
5 platies
4 guppies
1 crayfish
1 ghost catfish
THANX
Scott

I have a question, do any of these treatments kill some of the good stuff in the filter? I have some "Disease Clear" by King British, containing the active ingrediant "silver proteinate". I bought it just in case as it was inexpensive, I haven't tried it yet.

In this case a picture will speak a thousand words, as an accurate diagnosis will guide the treatment.

As for silver, it's regarded as a natural antibacterial, and certainly suppresses bacterial proliferation in the lab, evidence in real life is that it has been less helpful than hoped overall, but it is widely used and does seem to have some effect.

You can get aquarium salt at your LFS and thats the best thing to do to start, read directions on how much to add then wait a few days to see if there is any improvment, thats the best way to start as it is not a chemical. if after a few days that doesn't work then try using some para guard in my experience that is the best medication it cures a number of different things including fin rot. one of my mollies had fin rot, salt didn't seem to quite do the trick so i used some para guard and it was cleared up in a couple of days, hope this helps!

Most reactions

Back