Is This A Sajica Or A Jade Eye?

Glenbo1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I recently bought this guy, it seems pretty aggressive, it is around a very chunky 4-5", the only thing it seems to like in my tank is my juvi female Convict, which leads me to believe it is Male, it tends to chase off my much larger Severums, Green Terror and Firemouth.

I'm unsure wether it is a T-Bar (Sajica) or a Jade Eye...or even something else similar?

Also i'm wandering what sex it is?

Its very drab, i only took it because it was big and it was a rescue fish so they only wanted £1 for it, i will probably offload it in the future.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

Haha Big Sevs are the biggest posers ever aren't they :p

I have been doing google image searchs and it seems the whole internet cant decide whats the difference between sajicas, jade eyes etc lol

Haha Big Sevs are the biggest posers ever aren't they :p

I have been doing google image searchs and it seems the whole internet cant decide whats the difference between sajicas, jade eyes etc lol

I don't blame them! They are beautiful as can be!

looks like a sajica to me , your sev is just like mine , if he sees the camera come out he has to be in every pic !!

I would say sajica aka t-bar cichlid too.

The Archocentrus sp. Cutteri tend to have more yellow body.

yes severums are little camera hogs. Mine is like that too.

It is deffo a jade eye i have a breeding pair and it is nearly exactly the same as my male only a bit darker :p he is beautiful though i want him hahaha :D

Most reactions

Back