Is This A Nice Metal Halide?

IIITYIII

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive been posting like crazy lately becauseim upgrading and i really want to be able to host a clam or something in my new tank is this a nice metal halide...http://cgi.ebay.com/36-Metal-Halide-Aquarium-Reef-HQI-Lighting-PC-442W-NEW_W0QQitemZ290251409056QQihZ019QQcategoryZ46314QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi
ewItem#ebayphotohosting....like is it trustworthy not gonna catch fire and burn my room down?

Dunno, can't seem to get the link to work?

I was just going to say that as well. He has an entry below or maybe above but I have asked for all the information on the upgrade and current situation in there.

Regards

b100_1.jpg

this is the halide on ebay not sure what brand it is looks like a aqualight...i might be wrong.

There was a thread on reef central regarding the Odyssea. I haven't been able to read all of it but it looks like a lot of people are happy with them. They are much less expensive than other, more commercial, makers.

There was a thread on reef central regarding the Odyssea. I haven't been able to read all of it but it looks like a lot of people are happy with them. They are much less expensive than other, more commercial, makers.

yes the halide is only 230 on ebay new so im thinking its a steal and i would love to own a clam or maybe some other corals that need halides and it looks like a good deal.

cool good price... if it was time to change my 125 over to marine, I would look into 2 of these... but that wont be for at least another 7 to 10 years (depending on how long my cichlids last)

Good find

Ox :good:

Hey, what wattage is the halide.... I would assume the pc's are 55 a piece and the moon lights 1 so thats 112W leaving 330W? thats not right, they dont come in that wattage. maybe a 250W and the pcs are 95W a piece?

cool good price... if it was time to change my 125 over to marine, I would look into 2 of these... but that wont be for at least another 7 to 10 years (depending on how long my cichlids last)

Good find

Hey, what wattage is the halide.... I would assume the pc's are 55 a piece and the moon lights 1 so thats 112W leaving 330W? thats not right, they dont come in that wattage. maybe a 250W and the pcs are 95W a piece?

Supports 1x 250W HQI double ended lamp
Supports 2x 96W compact fluorescent lamp
Supports 4x dual Bluemoon LED

yes you are correct this is what is labeled on the ebay page itself.

ok cool, sorry, didnt check out the page, just went off the pic that said 442W

Thanks

ok cool, sorry, didnt check out the page, just went off the pic that said 442W

Thanks

lol link is bad so you probably wouldnt have been able to get there from the link.

The Jebo Oddysea lights are OK. Their controls and ballasts are good quality parts. But their fans and bulbs leave much to be desired. The lamps tend to be on the yellow side of the spectrum so go for actinics and you might get something without yellow... And are you handy enough to take the fixture apart and replace the fans not if but when they start rattling and die?

Most reactions

Back