Is This A Good Idea?

SilverHatchet

Reaction score
Going to get a 29Gal tank, -so that can hold about 30 in. of fish. I want to double that to 60in of fish, but still using the 29 gal. However I will invest in a Fluval 405 filter rated for 100gal tank.

I'm doing this because I have no room for bigger tank and I need schools of fish.

Is this a good idea? Anyone currently overstocking?

Its ok to overstock, providing you have the filtration and maintenance to cope with it, plus Im assuming you mean smaller shoaling fish, nothing over 3"?

Its not ideal but I'm sure you will find people who have done it succesfully. Personally I wouldn't even think about doing it until the filter is cycled, matured and at least 6 months old

Andy

Usually you will find if you have to ask someone else "Is this a good idea?" it's probably not >.>

One inch of fish per gallon is really a rule of thumb, but does not apply to all fish, and should probably think of it more along the lines of one inch of adult fish per gallon (and sometimes, even that doesn't really work, ie. you wouldn't put an 8 inch fish in a 10 gallon tank). It really depends on the type of fish you're getting. Even if you are over-filtering, that doesn't mean it wont just be uncomfortable for the fish.

Most reactions

Back