is this a good idea for a betta home

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
buy one of those 10 gallon tanks at walmart, just the tank. Then make dividers and divide it up into threesections, 2 2.5 gallon sides, and 1 5 gallon side, and put the 2 men in the 2.5's and put the two gals in the 5 and get two more, or is that to small for 4 females? Or should i just make four 2.5 gallon areas? And would there be any kind of fish that could go in there to clean up after them that wouldnt need aeration, because there bettas are very sloppy and dont eat much, speaking of, forgot to feed the guys for two days, because they moved, is that okay?

personally i think its too small for 4 females. i suppose you could do it though. i might go with jusst 4 females in a 10.

so dividing it in four would be the best bet ha?

When females are in a small space, they tend to nip eachother's fins. I have three females in a ten gallon, with a lot of hiding spaces, and all seem to be doing well with no fin ripage, and they've seemed to be well relaxed and calm :) Two females in a 2 2.5 gallon should be okay. Just remember that the females should be around the same size, otherwise one may get bullied.

mine now are the same size, I think theyre sisters, because theyre the same pattern etc, but thegreen one doesnt like the blue/red one. So thats why i wanted to get 2 more so I could keep them together and They wouldnt hurt eachother.

I haven't had much experience with betta females, but fighting could be a possible issue with them in plain view of males. Then again having a few in there might help, but like jac said, I don't think it would be a great idea to have 4 females in 5 gallons, no matter what the setup.

are you planning on breeding? if so u need a space for the female to recover by herself, so 2 10's would be best (then divide accordingly)

Dane said:
Two females in a 2 2.5 gallon should be okay.
no-2 femals is not ok. one will pick on the other constantly. that is why most people suggest having them in groups of 4 or more (so the agression is spread more evenly)

i think you should divide it into 3 put a male on each outside section and put a female in the middle.

I like that idea better then mine, but then what do I do with the other girl? My parents dont like that there are so many betta's around.

i know, they piss me off sometimes. They dont like the fish because of the cats,
i dont think they mind just one, but oh well. Im still trying to get them to like them, but i dont think they will.

i have 6 cats and they dont ever bother the fish.
one likes to stick his paw in the pond sometimes while i am feeding the fish but he doesnt ever do anyhting else.
cats have a bad name around fish when really the only thing they seem to be interested in is driking water from the tank.
as long as the fish are in your room, i dont see why it matters.

well what a supprise, she said no to this as well.

I know. But she will just get mad.

Most reactions

Back