Is This A Crowntail?

I normally dont like crown tails but that guy is so pretty :)

Here's Robin...in full dress!

Attachments

• IMG_7701.JPG
    IMG_7701.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7710.JPG
    IMG_7710.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7714.JPG
    IMG_7714.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 50
Lemme guess - 8 ray CT?

COME ON MODAZ! Stop being an ass! lol seriously this is the biggest bunch of betta nuts you're gonna find, if you can't brag to us then what's the point?

Here's Robin...in full dress!

OMG

edit - you have to find the right girls to breed him to, or all that will be lost. :byebye:
Breed some like that and I'll sell a kidney and take 6 or so...
(Not kidding)

Not fair, Guys! Here I am on an island on the east coast of Canada...with WalMart as my only option in town, for buying fish. I don't often get exciting fish. Maybe we can work a deal with the babies!!! I'm off for a few days fishing...when I get back, I'm going to research genes, although I haven't found much so far. Then, I'm going to start conditioning....

I wish I knew what to breed him with....

He's something - and it's especially cool because his body looks so plakat-ish, while his finnage certainly doesn't.
Speaking as one who knows an awful lot less than nothing, if you can't drug Modaz into revealing the secret, would a quality half-moon/SD girl with as many rays as poss. be a suitable experiment, since you obviously can't cross him with a VT?
Might at least show you a direction. ???
Cause if can possibly manage it, if can't find any more from the same source and bloodline (would LFS where you purchased him know breeder, distributer, if local?) should get several nice girls, (or the use of them, if poss.) and hope he's prepotent, if it works like that in fish, or at least that this doesn't entirely skip a generation....
A fish like that's kind of a responsibilty - the bad thing about having quality...

I should just keep my mouth shut when I don't know what I'm talking about.
But a life of total silence doesn't seem very likely...
And, darn it, fish like that should become widely available where babbling idiots like me can get them.

Edit - you're Canadian? Then maybe the breeder is??? Maybe local breeder and you can get some female culls from the same lines if the breeder doesn't object to the idea...

Hi Syphoniera...Thanks for the suggestion. Ordering from WalMart won't be an option that I trust. I do know a guy who owns an out of town store, whom I do trust. I may mention this to him, and get suggestions. He could also order whatever I want, as far as females are concerned. My Sororiety girls are probably just veiltails, or maybe Crowntails. I can't get a definite consensus on that. I do feel a responsibility now, that I don't normally feel. I've never considered breeding bettas, as it seems to be quite a commitment, with all those babies, all of which require daily water changes! Add that to my eight tanks, and you get the picture!!! I also worry that Robin is a WalMart fish, subjected to God knows what, during the shipping. I find that pet store Bettas are prone to illness. I'm checking him several times a day...looking for something! It's easier having an ordinary fish...but he is AMAZING to watch!!! Thanks for helping....

I would breed him with a hm female or a ct female with as many or more rays then him. if you breed him with the hm, it may produce what is called a halfsun, which has the spread of a hm, but the rays of a ct. though it may take a another generation or two to get the perfect hs, you are getting close.

you might have to think about buying online if you want to find a female high quality enogh though, or check walmart every single day, if you found him there then there no telling what else you may find.

When I get back from my fishing trip, I'll call an out of town fish store . I know the owners, and they are trustworthy. I'll order a female from them, and maybe they'll even be interested in purchasing babies. I don't think I'll try WalMart. The Bettas are in cups, and it would be inpossible to have a close enough look at the fins...and that's assuming I would trust myself to actually know what I'm buying, in regards to fin type. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back