Is This A Bubble Nest?

Starfishpower

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
basically the title says it all. iv seen bubbly things in my betta tanks before but i never really thought they were nests, they looked more like just regular bubble build up to me. but this is different. what do yall think? is it a bubble nest? he's a new betta (2 or 3 days now iv had him) and iv done about the best i can to make him comfy including using indian almond leaf extract in his water so hopefully iv done a good job and this is a sign of it :good:

Attachments

• bubble_nest.jpg
    bubble_nest.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
basically the title says it all. iv seen bubbly things in my betta tanks before but i never really thought they were nests, they looked more like just regular bubble build up to me. but this is different. what do yall think? is it a bubble nest? he's a new betta (2 or 3 days now iv had him) and iv done about the best i can to make him comfy including using indian almond leaf extract in his water so hopefully iv done a good job and this is a sign of it :good:
Looks like one to me. :good:

:yahoo: iv got my first bubble nest! :drinks: im so glad, i knew to expect that if i was doing a good job and it had me a little worried there for a while that maybe i didnt know what i was doing despite all the care and research i had put into taking care of them since i hadnt seen a nest yet. :good: :good: :good:

Yeow Starfish!!.... Having your bubble nest means that you are at least 5 percent into breeding your Bettas.

iv thought about trying to start breeding them ( i have a blue - with red tinge - crowntail female that has great characteristics to pass on ) but at the moment i dont think i have the room for all the potential fry and also i really hate to have to see any of them get there fins damaged. maybe someday, personally i like these as pets and when i go to breed them in the future ill pick them out at the lfs with that specific intention so i wolnt be as disappointed when they get beat up during mating.

Most reactions

Back