Is This A Big Enuegh Bubblenest To Breed?

guppy!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
it is about two cm wide, four cm long and about a bubble or two high.
got a nice ripe female ready to spawn. can i put her in the jar now?

if i were you i would put the female in the jar (i use a breeder trap) as long as they have both been conditioned. the bubble nest is way too small though. remember that it needs to be able to hold 100 or so eggs. the bigger and thicker the nest the better. if you out the female in, the male might make the nest bigger. if not you can try taking her out of the jar at night so the male can focus on the nest.

i am learning how to breed bettas and was wondering (not judging) if you do know how to do every thing? i am not saying you know nothing but to me a 2x4 cm nest is not big enough by common sense. :blush: if you do know what you are doing then just ignore me :rolleyes: i just want to make sure everything goes right for you and me and everybody else who decides to breed! :hyper:

Bettas are a difficult species to breed for the average fish breeder. The way my Bettas spawned was to condition for a week with freeze dried blood worms and hight quality flake food. Then I put the female in the jar when the male made the bubble nest for a day. Then I released her, to find them spawning an hour or two later. Thats all I really remember.
good luck! :good:

Most reactions

Back