Is There Anything Wrong With My Betta

Hi

Your Betta seems fine, when really it may not be. Bettas only live between 1-3 years which is not long. The tail thing could be a sign of FIN ROT, or it may not be moving if it is in a low temperture. Your bowl looks clean.

I think i may have to put it down to old age, if you had two bowls you could of added a female next to him, that would make him happy -_-

But it could also stress him out and possibly kill it. Whats the temp of the bowl because I can tell a difference in how active my bettas are between summer and winter?

A bare minimum temperature of 72° is what I've heard. I think that if your temperature is fluctuating between 70° and 75° there is cause for concern--they need a constant temperature. My tanks aren't heated but stay at 72° because of the room temperature. I worry though that it may slip down, but the tanks are 1 gallon and too small to add heaters. I hope to upgrade to 2-1/2 gallon tanks with heaters in the near future. If you are considering a different tank, be sure to add a lid. Bettas frequently jump out of their tanks. It's a very sad day when you discover a favorite fish dried up alongside the tank. (the dog is a chihuahua)
:wub: I LOVE YOUR DOG. SOOOOOOOO CUTE

Something else to think about is his diet. If he eats the same dry food every day, it can lead to digestive problems that can make him lethargic. You might try adding a few freeze-dried foods such as bloodworms or daphnia to vary his diet. Also, daphnia is a cleansing food that may help if he is having digestive problems.

I hope that helps. :)

You could also try feeding the insides of a smashed green pea every now and then. That will help if your betta ever gets constipated from eating dried foods.

Most reactions

Back