Is Their An Animal That Eats That Algae?

Harry1996

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i have a lot of green algae on my walls that i have to use a old credit card to get it off. its the only algae i get now. there is a lot now. i didnt notice it when i had my 2 marine white lights but then when i got my new lights i noticed it :sick:
im getting my sea urchin on Wednesday would that eat it? or is it just a ***** to get off so every thing just leaves it :lol:

The large mexicans eat it but dont seem to get it all - i have just bought a new magnet cleaner for that very reason - its got a blade and it works

Seffie x

Harry have you read through the Nitrate and Phosphate remover in this section?

The simple idea of creating a Turf Algae Scrubber, which will eliminate algae growing in your main display tank, and also increase the growth of coraline as your nitrates and phosphates levels will be undetectable\! You should definitely check it out, as they are VERY cheap to make!

Expensive for a mag cleaner but they work, I no longer have that stubburn green algae (does coraline as well) on the glass and i dont have to get bitten by my clowns when i clean the glass :kana:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hobby-Jumbo-Floating-Magnet-Glass-Cleaner-Blades-/170523441081?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back