Is Superglur Safe In Tanks?

fishnovice

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Accidentally broke the bottom of my built-in Juwel filter pump during filter clean. Can't get spare part so tried to fix it with superglue. Is it safe to use this in tanks?
Also where can I get spare parts preferably online for my Juwel filter?

i wouldnt use superglue as it will contain all sorts of toxins which your fish will hate, try to use aquarium silicon sealant if you can

Ive used it in my tank and i know a few other people have aswell for glueing plants to wood. I did it months ago and havent had any problems.

Ive used it in my tank and i know a few other people have aswell for glueing plants to wood. I did it months ago and havent had any problems.

thats useful to know!

i wouldnt like to have tried it unknowingly though

Tesco own brand cyanoacrylate. Seeems OK so far but packaging ststes "not suitable for things that will be continually wet" - like filter pumps! How long did your glued on plants stay in place? I will have to get a replacement part for the Juwel pump -does anyone sell them online?

Tesco own brand cyanoacrylate. Seeems OK so far but packaging ststes "not suitable for things that will be continually wet" - like filter pumps! How long did your glued on plants stay in place? I will have to get a replacement part for the Juwel pump -does anyone sell them online?
Not long but thats because my BN took a fancy to ripping them off. Why not put some aquarium silicon either side of where you glued it to protect it from water.

Most reactions

Back