Is She Pregnent

Hey people,
Oh i dont know what to do, she has been in the tank only 1 hour, and she has droped 7 babies, the breeder i have catchs them in a seprate cather at the bottom, but im afraid this is premature, how do i look after them

Try reading the pinned topics and the FAQs for fry care. I think you'll find a lot of answers there. :) She may have given birth prematurely because of stress. Breeder nets/traps can be stressful for them, and putting her in there right after buying her may have been enough to have her abort her fry. Are they fully developed? If so, they'll probably be fine. Just feed them often and give them good foods.

Try reading the pinned topics and the FAQs for fry care. I think you'll find a lot of answers there. :) She may have given birth prematurely because of stress. Breeder nets/traps can be stressful for them, and putting her in there right after buying her may have been enough to have her abort her fry. Are they fully developed? If so, they'll probably be fine. Just feed them often and give them good foods.

There are seve little ones, for def there are two dead and one stuck, how many will she give birth too, she still looks fat
Should i releise her
I never planned for a preg one i did not notice till i was back with her
Shall i let her go and she if the other in her can last in the tank or is that cruel

well same happened to me with y molly. she had 8 and 2 were dead at birth. now i have 2 left cause they were premature. i would let her go in the tank and she might aboard the birth of the other ones. good luck!

hi the less stress on the mum the better,
you could let her go in to main tank and turn off any lights for the reast of the day,
she will have more fry in about a month anyway,so even if you dont save any this time at least you will have the mother.

hi the less stress on the mum the better,
you could let her go in to main tank and turn off any lights for the reast of the day,
she will have more fry in about a month anyway,so even if you dont save any this time at least you will have the mother.
Well she has had 11 babies now and still in the breeder trap, i think ill leave her a couple hours they seem to be coming out abou 1 every 5 mins
I dont want me other fish to ea the babies
Once she has had a few more ill let her back
I have a other tank setup and has one guppie in it i put him in there coz i thought he was not well he seems ok now shall i put him back and give the 5 gal tank to the babies as they keep trying to escape out of the plastic keeper

hi,
if he looks ok to you that is a good idea,
thats what i do with my fry in my 5gal :) .
ps my guppy had 30 fry this week :nod: .

hi,
if he looks ok to you that is a good idea,
thats what i do with my fry in my 5gal :) .
ps my guppy had 30 fry this week :nod: .

WOW, well she has had 13 now and there still coming, i have been watching them come out, but they fall to the bottom trap away from mum but they keep trying to escape out sides.
Should i clean out the 5 gal for them or let them have the tank as is.

hello again,
are you able to test water quality on the 5gal?
i would not go mad on cleaning it unless its really in need of it,
when taking the fry out for transfer its best not to take them out of the water i use a small clen plastic cup,
a yoghurt pot would do.

well if i were u i'd put the fry in the tank and if possible carefully move the mom in it until she finishes. be careful witht hemum though idk if its a good idea. u could maybe put the fry in and leave the mom and move each new fry to the tank. good luck!

THANKS EVERY ONE< ILL DO SO
The water is fine in the 5gal but did loose 3 fish in it and worried there might be some thing in the water, but two fish that were in there are now in my 180l tank and there fine
OH 180L what is that in GALS and how many fish do you reccomend to keep init
I have
3 female guppies (including the preg one)
3 Male Guppies (possibly one more from the 5gal Tank)
3 mollies
1 glass cat fish
3 herlquins
2 cherry brabs
1 kuli loach ( a snake looking thing lol)
1 red tailed shark
some kida cute sucker mouth
Is that to much already they look happy, but the glass catfish and loach and shark all hide in the cave

Most reactions

Back