Is My Tetra Poorly Or Pregnant?

mysty

Reaction score
I think this might be a bit difficult as trying to get a good picture asap but here goes i have 3 tetras they are like a pale yellow / cream colour with a golden/brownish stipe from halfway into the body to just before the tail fin they also have a red streak on their bottom fin dont know what species they are i have tried google but no luck even tho they are a creamy in colour they are quite transparent.
The problem is one of them is now quite poddgy/bloated around the stomach area but i have also noticed today the he/she has what looks like a spot of blood on the side of the body this was not there this morning is it possible its a pregnant female or is my fishy poorly if so what could this be and what should i do?

are the scale raised up slightly..
what colour is the spot and where about on the body is it?

Thanks

The scales seem fine no noticable loss of colour to the fish and the spot is red blood looking and is on the side just above the belly area more towards the head end rather than tail end.
He/she is still evry active like normal aswell

its roughly where the blue dot is and thanks for the image that helps :)

well that is where the fish usually stores here eggs..
does it look dark red but slightly black?

3 tetras they are like a pale yellow / cream colour with a golden/brownish stipe from halfway into the body to just before the tail fin they also have a red streak on their bottom fin dont know what species they are i have tried google but no luck even tho they are a creamy in colour they are quite transparent as in you can see the belly abdomen inside the fish.
I have asked at pet shop but they dont know as they look sort of albino but dont have red eyes

no the picture of the fish you sent me to point out the area of the mark well it looks like one of the other fish on it fish apart from its a very pale yellow cream colour and has a red stipe going across the large bottom fin

fish this is the best i can do sorry no camera had 2 use my laptop camera lol

Most reactions

Back