Is My Tank Cycled? (with Daily Results Log)

jay2k6ie

Reaction score
I have been cycling with 6pearl danios for about two weeks now and I have been doing regular water changes nearly every other day I have also been testing the water every other day..

I think my tank may be cycled but im not sure can anyone tell by the below results.. The results go in order from start to finish...Cheers

First test:

PH: 7.6
Ammonia: 0-0.25ppm
nitrite: 0-0.25ppm
nitrate: 0

2nd test:

Ammonia - 0-0.25ppm
PH 7.6
Nitrite - 0-0.25ppm
Nitrate - 0ppm

3rd test:

Ammonia 0-0.25ppm (maybe less definitly not more)
PH 7.6
Nitrite 0-0.25ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

4th test:

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 1.0ppm
PH: 7.6

5th test: Todays Results after 50% water change:

Ammonia 0 -0.15ppm
Nitrite 0 - 0.25ppm
Ph 7.6

6th test

Ammonia : 0
Nitrite: 0
PH 7.6

7th test
PH 7.6
Nitrite: 0ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm

from the results it would appear the tank has cycled. However, it normally takes a bit longer than 2 weeks. If you don't get any more ammonia or nitrite readings during the next week then you should be able to add some more fish. Don't add too many new fish as the increased load could cause an ammonia spike.

Agree with Colin.

Your last two tests would seem to indicate the end except you don't tell us if water changes were done. You'll need to test each day near the end here and you'll need to get those double zeros for two days running without doing a water change.

~~waterdrop~~

Agree with Colin.

Your last two tests would seem to indicate the end except you don't tell us if water changes were done. You'll need to test each day near the end here and you'll need to get those double zeros for two days running without doing a water change.

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks again water.. I havent done a water change for 3 days and took those results over the last two days..

Well good then, as Colin says, just keep up this testing for a week and see if the filter can now do it all by itself!

~~wd~~

Added the floss a few hours ago and did another test and it read:

0 nitrites
0 ammonia
5ppm nitrate

Ive been getting the same results for 3 days now (no water changes done)

Most reactions

Back