Is My Swordtail Pregnant?

I would be quite surprised if she has any fry developing beyond maybe the first day or two. She is certainly not far along with fry development. A clear picture would help. I can't even be certain that she is a female from those pictures.

ok im going to put some better pictures on tomorrow.
those are terrible pictures i must admit, but she is female i can garentee u of that.
ill try get some real good pics. :good: :good:

Those are slightly better pictures but I still don't see very much in the way of fry development in her. I would look at her again in 2 weeks and see how she looks then.

ok but in some of the pics there is a gravid spot, it is a light orange colour, it wasnt there 2 weeks ago.

ill try take a few pics of her wen shes asleep, so u can see her how i see her.
i am very sure she is pregnant.

My platies have gravid spots even after they've given birth,just not has dark. like oldman said give it a few weeks i'm sure you'll have little fry :good:

ok ill see how she she comes along, i havent really looked closely enough at the spot, so tomorrow im going to look very carfully and see if i see the eyes.
thanks for ur posts! :good: :good: :good:

my mickey mouse platy has a pink gravid spot and i have seen the fry's eyes for the past 2 weeks,when i first got her she was fairly young and was certainly not pregnant has i could see right though her gravid spot,thought she was ready last week she's full to bursting but still hasn't dropped. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your swordtail :good:

I woke up this morning and looked in the tank, and she was real big, so i think she must be pregnant, and soon to give birth i think.

I woke up this morning and looked in the tank, and she was real big, so i think she must be pregnant, and soon to give birth i think.

Most reactions

Back