Is my son’s betta dying? Help!

Wow! Didn’t know Bettas liked peas haha! My son will be excited (he likes peas). Hoping Nebbie recovers...
He will eat it :) it's more to help with constipation if that is causing bloat. I hope he recovers too

He will eat it :) it's more to help with constipation if that is causing bloat. I hope he recovers too
So, an update: despite the fact that he barely goes down (stays near the surface), he seems very active when he sees our shadows, getting close and not being in his hidden spot he was used to before the treatment start. And he’s asking for food, which he won’t have till Sunday night (to get to his 3 days fasting), and did poop. His scales are still popped, but they didn’t get worse.
So far, so good.

If he pooped he wont be constipated and you can feed him again :) that just confirms its dropsy and not bloat.

If he pooped he wont be constipated and you can feed him again :) that just confirms its dropsy and not bloat.
Hi, new update: the 5 days treatment is over. He is more active now, but his scales are not yet normal. But his fins look more open now. Should I extend the treatment for a few more days? Or can I start changing his water?
Thanks!

Hi, new update: the 5 days treatment is over. He is more active now, but his scales are not yet normal. But his fins look more open now. Should I extend the treatment for a few more days? Or can I start changing his water?
Thanks!
Start doing water changes. @Colin_T can probably say what to do next

One more update.
2 weeks ago I decided to start treating him with anti fungal medicine and a little bit of salt, as his body was still with the white spot and his fins didn look good.
After finishing his treatment, I changed his water 75% daily, with a little bit of salt diluted, for a week.
Now, Nebbie is much more active and going around up and down in his aquarium, his fins open and full while going around greeting us when he sees us. His scales are not looking great yet, but his overal behaviour tells me he’s going to survive!

One more update.
2 weeks ago I decided to start treating him with anti fungal medicine and a little bit of salt, as his body was still with the white spot and his fins didn look good.
After finishing his treatment, I changed his water 75% daily, with a little bit of salt diluted, for a week.
Now, Nebbie is much more active and going around up and down in his aquarium, his fins open and full while going around greeting us when he sees us. His scales are not looking great yet, but his overal behaviour tells me he’s going to survive!
Good to hear! I hope he gets back to normal :)

Most reactions

Back