Is My Sister overstocked?

Candyco

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi..... I've been having a long running debate with my older (i know it all) sister about her 10g hex in her living room. I say it's over stocked & she says it's not.... What do you think :look:

4 Mollies
4 Leopard Danios
3 Glow Lights
2 Corys
and about 4 other fish about the same size as the danios but not sure what they are! :no:

She has a fluval 3 in there but i say it's the tank size not the filter size!

Kaz x-x-x-x-x

SworDTail KeePer said:
I think it is overstocke maybe she can move one of her least favrite one in to amouther tank.
That's the problem i've been telling her about... she doesn't have another tank! She keeps going to her lfs & getting more & more fish then more plants! Her ph n all is fine but this is 1 older sister that won't take advice!

I wouldn't say it's overstocked. Aside from the mollies, the fish are relatively small and if she keeps up with the maintanance, i think it would be OK.

I've always heard one inch of fish per gallon of water for small fish, 2 or more Gal per inch of fish with larger ones... How many inches of fish does she have... sounds like more than ten.

But at the same time if the fish seem healthy and aren't becoming aggressive and the water condition is stable and suitable. You really can't say it's overstocked.

I say you arm wrestle for it.

:rofl: If i arm wrestle her i'd probably break her arm! She's always been the weaker sibling! tehe! :flex:

True though her fish do all seem quite happy apart from one of her Danios who has a sunken belly... looks more like a banana at the moment. she's treating them all with melafix at the moment. She did also have one of her Danios die a few weeks ago through a nasty strain of Dropsy :rip:

If the mollies are nearly 6 inches in length, then yes, it's overstocked. But those are some huge mollies!

It is highly stocked.
BUT the filter is more than capable of dealing with that stock level...

hard call really..

I dont like to see fish crammed in, even if the filtration can cope...

so I'll go with over stocked.

All i'm thinking is fish look a lot more attractive if you can see them properly.... Her tank just looks like a mass of different colours and you can't really appreciate the fish!

Most reactions

Back