Is My Platy Pregnant?

joselaz5780

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my female platies has recently gotten fatter(started about 2 days ago) I'm really good when it comes to cichlids like convicts and all, but i recently started with platies, her belly has gotten sort of purple on the sides(not much), the boy that mated with her(if she mated, it was with him since they were always together) is trying to go after her(not harming her) just going after her and she tries to avoid him, she has gotten noticeably fatter though, she's not sick is she?

if a common livebearer has ever been in the same tank as a male, she is most likely pregnant...put up a picture if you want an estimate of about how long she has until she drops :)

It's hard to tell... It would really help if there was a photograph... It depends if she's lively, or slow, or whatever. You know what I mean? Like I guess if she was sick she would be acting weird. But the way that the male is chasing after her is for mating reasons, or if she's pregnant, trying to pick at another male's fry. Hope this helps! :good:

Most reactions

Back