Is My Molly Pregnant?

It is indeed hard to tell using a picture. I feed my mollies once a day on mostly vegetable matter, spirulina flakes, and find that they usually do not get to an excessive size due to eating too much. They do indeed square off as they should and are in robust enough good health to easily start to carry fry again. You need to find that fine balance between feeding so much your fish look overfed but still providing enough food to keep the fish in top physical condition. It can indeed be difficult to reach that point but I feed generously once a day and the fish are about done with the food they get and looking for more in about 2 minutes. That means they are getting plenty but not so much as to harm them by causing problems with swim bladders.

don't use traps they are no good imo. they stress fish out, can kill them, or make them abort fry. stay away from traps! get a container to put her in or add coverage for the fry in the tank.

well still no babies, my other mollies are pregnant now also and look as though they may have their fry soon.

what happens if she has aborted her fry? will she still give birth to them? I am finding it hard to believe that she still hasnt had them it must be about 8 weeks now

don't use traps they are no good imo. they stress fish out, can kill them, or make them abort fry. stay away from traps! get a container to put her in or add coverage for the fry in the tank.

Very constructive!!!!

after 15 years breeding using traps, i have never had a fish die, or even show any signs of bad stress...

Traps are very good if used correctly and there is a lot of positives on using them and imo, very little negatives..

If infact u intend on shooting around this information, maybe you should try to add positives and negatives and let people make thjier own minds from experience, afterall traps work very well for lots of people, so just trying to throw them off using them is not really good advice..

List why you think they are bad with your negatives.... and i will do it with positives garaunted ;)

I dont intend on trapping this particulr molly, plainly because i dont know what is going on with her. my last babies were had in the tank and later put in a trap untill they were big enough to live in the tank. I currently have 6 fry living happily in the tank now they are about 2cm big now. I couldnt trap the last molly because i wasnt home when they had the babies, i have 2 that have fry within a day or two of each other

Most reactions

Back