Is My Guppy Ready To Burst Some New Pics Added Today :-) I Have Babys

i don't think you should trap the fry, it doesn't really give them space to grow properly, D:
maybe if you have another tank, you can put them in there, or chance it and let them try and survive your tank.

well after the 1st disaster, i now have about 30 - 40 live fry in my birthing trap :good:

i was keeping an eye on my most pregnant looking squared off female yesterday, and i got to a point where i thought tonights the night so i trapped her within an hour she had the fry :hyper:

i let her out after about 2 hours when her backend had closed up and she was hyper and looking slim again :good:

this morning i still have live fry so it looks like i done good this time lol

what age or size do the fry need to be b4 i think about rehoming them

i cant wait to see what colours and sex they are :hyper:

thanks alot to all the very helpfull people on this forum for helping me to get it right this time :good:

The general guideline is you can let them into the general population when they won't fit in any other fish's mouth. For a guppy that is well fed and growing fast, you should be able to release them into the tank with guppies and a single betta at about 4 weeks old. If you have any serious predators like a swordtail or barbs, the wait could easily be 6 weeks or longer.

Congratz! I would say the size is the big component. Mostly, the fry should be bigger than the adult fish's mouth

if you think she's close i would just put her into a fry tank and keep an eye on her

Most reactions

Back