Is My Guppy Ready To Burst Some New Pics Added Today :-) I Have Babys

some more piccys for expert opinions please ;-)

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

She is just about there..not quite squared-off yet. I'd say she'll start squaring within a few days. How much and how often do you feed? She is not a skinny girl...

I would try cutting back to once a day feeds or even just cutting back the portions. She looks pretty chubby and it isn't just due to pregnancy. XD

this morning ive just noticed 2 tiny babies in my floating plant, i dont know how long ive had them as i dont think i was looking for something SO small when ive been checking everyday, they r so tiny i wonder how many have been eaten :unsure:

they r so sweet im going to try and put them in the trap later on so they wont get chomped on by my bigger fish :good:

I would put them in the trap asap. In my community tank Guppy babies are relished by pretty much all of the fish. and even with plant cover not many have survived (well just the ones we managed to rescue). They are also easier to catch when relatively new born, as they instinctively remain at the surface for a while. :good:

Good Luck

i went with net in hand this morning to catch them but cant find any :eek:

im going to have another look now just to make sure

Whenever we had fry born in the community tank my partner and I would search for hours, they are so tiny. Sometimes you just see movement from the corner of your eye. unfortunately the other fish also usually see and are much quicker. Don't give up hope just yet though. We have had some survive a few days, and have been able to rescue them.

IF the worst comes to the worst, you will have more babies soon :good:

WHy not trap as many as you can see. I bet you'll at least find 5 if you catch them soon

WHy not trap as many as you can see. I bet you'll at least find 5 if you catch them soon

half the tank is covered with floating weed like plant so there was plenty of cover for them but unfortunatly my male betta also like to hide there maybe he picked them all off cos i cant find any :no:

Most reactions

Back