Is my dwarf gourami ok??

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishboi2000

Reaction score
I got a dwarf gourami about 4 months ago, and he is usually pretty active and swims all around the tank. In the past few weeks, he has been very skiddish and tends to stay in the same spot at the top of the tank. He is also very hesitant when eating (he used to be much more excited to eat, and now it seems like he doesn't care) and he seems very fearful in general. Any ideas?

Not sure if this is relevant, but I also got a few snails a couple of weeks ago.

There's nothing, unfortunately. You might need to euthanize the fish.

There's nothing, unfortunately. You might need to euthanize the fish.
Wow, slow down there man... no need to euthanize it now, as it’s not showing any real signs. DGD was just my best guess, as it’s very come with DG’s.

Wow, slow down there man... no need to euthanize it now, as it’s not showing any real signs. DGD was just my best guess, as it’s very come with DG’s.
DGI(V) and DGD are the same thing. DGD stands for dwarf gourami disease when in reality it should be called DGIV since a virus and disease are different things. People abbreviate DGIV into DGD when in reality DGD is DGIV.

DGI(V) and DGD are the same thing. DGD stands for dwarf gourami disease when in reality it should be called DGIV since a virus and disease are different things. People abbreviate DGIV into DGD when in reality DGD is DGIV.
Ok... that still doesn’t mean the OP needs to with euthanize his fish.

Nope, theres no other fish in the tank and he definetly doesn't have DGID, he's as shiny as ever, and he is still eating and his scales are perfectly intact

DGD does not always show up in the form of common illnesses among fish. (e.i. Ich, fungus, dropsy, etc.)

What are the other stock in the tank? The snails don’t have anything to do with it.

Most reactions

Back