Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a 28 Gallon Long which is currently stocked with
6 guppies
a German blue ram pair
one albino bristle nose pleco
9 corydoras.

Had for awhile and all get on really well. Water is soft and all nitrates usual etc etc. do you think I’m fully stocked / any recommendations for fish to add if not.

Lucky with soft water in London :) Most of it is rock hard.

As mentioned above your guppies are probably the outlier in this tank needing cool neutral to hard water. Are the cories the ones in your profile picture? I think they look like the Pygmy Cories? How long have you had the Rams for?

In terms of numbers you are not far off stocked IMO - though the plecos take up a lot of that just due to the adult size and amount of waste they can produce. Are there any fish in particular that you want to add?

Wills

Lucky with soft water in London :) Most of it is rock hard.

As mentioned above your guppies are probably the outlier in this tank needing cool neutral to hard water. Are the cories the ones in your profile picture? I think they look like the Pygmy Cories? How long have you had the Rams for?

In terms of numbers you are not far off stocked IMO - though the plecos take up a lot of that just due to the adult size and amount of waste they can produce. Are there any fish in particular that you want to add?

Wills
Only thing I was really considering is kuhli loaches, unless people had nice suggestions, it’s a very long tank which I knew made a difference with lots of hiding spots. They’re the only other fish that’s really ever taken my fancy and never had :) in terms of Cory they’re not my PP, I have 9 albino corys and had the 2 rams for around 6 months

I think you are safely stocked! I would not add anything except for a few snails or shrimps. Nice stocking!

Most reactions

Back