Is it velvet?

AbstractClock18

Reaction score
I've been out of the game lately, but I recently got a new betta, and he's been great. The thing is, I was shining my light on him, and noticed an odd coloration around his head. I thought nothing of it at first, but it looks like it might have spread (I am not sure, as my memory sucks).
He hasn't been exhibiting any behaviors associated with parasites, though, so I'm not sure.
Also, I have a snail in the tank. Is it possible for her to contract velvet?
I took a couple photos:
20220215_121259.jpg
20220215_121305.jpg

I've been out of the game lately, but I recently got a new betta, and he's been great. The thing is, I was shining my light on him, and noticed an odd coloration around his head. I thought nothing of it at first, but it looks like it might have spread (I am not sure, as my memory sucks).
He hasn't been exhibiting any behaviors associated with parasites, though, so I'm not sure.
Also, I have a snail in the tank. Is it possible for her to contract velvet?
I took a couple photos:
View attachment 154697View attachment 154698
I would keep watching him and take note of any behavioral changes. If he starts acting weird come back and start asking about treatments...

IMO, thats not velvet. Its common in bettas to have gold-ish belies. And its also normal for them to change colors, so the gold spreading might be him marbling! Just keep an eye on him, and don't forget to update!

Most reactions

Back