Is It Right?

fishboy619

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i'll get right to the point...
i have one, 2 month old fry in a breeding net with about 13, 1 month old fry in the same net,
they are from different mothers, and they were getting along great, swimming around, feeding together and minding there own business, but lately (mainly today) i have noticed the older fry chasing the other fry around and acting what i think is aggressive toward them, i have removed the one fry into a small container for now, i dont like using them,as they are small, but had to one this occasion.
any suggestions on what to do? is it normal for the older ones to attack the younger fry, or have i got an aggressive bugger on my hands?
any help welcome,
cheers

the attual chasing leasted only seconds, the older fry would chase the younger fry away then stop.
it was going on a lot yesturday, and i was worried about my fry, so i removed the older fry for now, i think it will be ok for now, in a few weeks, it can be released into the main tank.wont the younger fry be miserable from being bullied, up till now, they have all been getting alone nicely.
will my 3 month old bigger fry in the main tank chase my other younger fry when they are released?
i know i have lots of fry, but usally i have one lot to a breeding net, i just had one lone fry so decided to place him with the rest.

i have the same problem but decided to leave them to it, i noticed it more with feeding time, ive set up a small tank to give them space and another for them to outgrow, its just that they are in a confined space dont worry they wont come to any harm but keep them seperate if it makes you feel more comfortable :good:

same thing with me but i only have one tank and two breeding nets should i seperate them. the nets really like one of those compart monents to get male and a femle to spawn then the fry drop down shown i seperate the two big ones fron the 2 small ones??

i seperated the aggressive fry, all seems pieceful again, its in a small container thing with holes for water to pass though and a small snail to eat the leftovers, looks ok for now, big enough to hold the fry for a few weeks atleast, by then i will have released him.
thanks for the help guys

Breeders are not to be used to have the fry grow in. It starts to stump them after about 2 weeks. The are used for the mom to have babies in. The 2 month old fry should be big enough to go with the other adult fish. You really need about a 10 gallon for babie fish.

i disagree, ive used breeding nets for ages now, with fry growing up to full sized adults.(not in the net, relseased after 2 months) the fry i have in there are a month old ish and are small enough to be eaten i think, given another month or so and i'll release them
i will release the 2 month old fry into the main tank,

i disagree, ive used breeding nets for ages now, with fry growing up to full sized adults.(not in the net, relseased after 2 months) the fry i have in there are a month old ish and are small enough to be eaten i think, given another month or so and i'll release them
i will release the 2 month old fry into the main tank,

i agree with u. although mine are quite big i still think they have a nother threw mouths in there. :)

Most reactions

Back