Is It Just Me?

chrisrm

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Is it me or is it loads harder to find varities of betta in the UK?

I look at the states and the colours and tails and variaty seem to be unmatched over here!

I've seen Veils, crowns, half moons and one double tail... obv the veils are the most common but they're still gorgeous :wub: though I have a soft spot for CTs!!

I have CT, HM and Rosetail, but most are from contacts that can perhaps import. Saying that though locally usually VTS though recently it is HM with the odd really stunning CT

I know what you mean. All my local shops usually just have VT. I was pleasantly surprised a while ago when a World of Water store a little while away had about 40 crowntails in :drool:

Always loved them but didnt have any room to house them at the time. Ive also noticed the lack of good quality females. I understand a lot of shops dont stock them but mine do, but they are not of the finest quality :blink:

I agree, my lfs only has red or blue VT, i got my CT off ebay, he was a beauty, although i was like an expectant parent waiting for him to arrive, so worried he would be DOA, he wasnt, he was fine but dont think i will order one again, cant handle the stress!!

My LFS has blue and red VT's and a couple of Black Orchids for £20

my lfs are ok they mainly have vt boys with a ct and hm every now and again for £3.99 and have vt and dt females for £1.29.

I agree and I really don't understand why it is. They seem like a real money spinner to me. Get some really flashy eye chatching ones in, and you could sell someone the betta for say £10, then a little tank like the arcadia arc 20L, heater filter, etc etc, make a mint!

Most places here get batched of VTs in red and blue from wholesalers, and then sometimes order CT or 'mixed' VT colours. Hardly any lfs stock HM/DT/RT/FT/HS/etc, although a tiny place near me recently had some stunning double-tails in!

P@H always have VT and it's only the smaller, no-chain stores that have the nicer fish. Hardly anywhere have girls, except for this really tatty local place that has a tank with about 40 in (including some CT and double-tail), some of which I swear are PK males . . .

I've started to get my new boys and girls from breeders/importers.

Most reactions

Back